Retirement has taken on a different meaning for many of the people we work with. For some it still means the end of work and a life of leisure (perhaps fishing, golfing, or travelling the world). But for many others it means that you are entering a different stage, “Phase II,” where you can do exactly what you want, when you want and for your reasons why you want to do them.
If you fail to plan for life after work, all the effort you’ve put into your working life may be jeopardized, and you may be left with more questions than answers. And an ill-prepared retirement is bound to be one filled with financial stress and chaos, instead of life-enriching experiences and freedom.
How We Can Help
Retirement planning shouldn’t start at retirement; it should start well before. We take a long-term view of your financial wellbeing to help create a life after work that is as well-planned as your life while working.
- Understand your goals: Through an intensely personalized approach, we discover what your retirement goals are. Whether it’s travel, a new hobby, or spending more time with the people you love, or a shift in your career path, we’ll help you strive for your ideal retirement.
- Analyze your current position: To plan a meaningful retirement, you need to know where you currently stand. We’ll help you build an in-depth financial inventory to use as part of our retirement planning process.
- Develop your plan: We’ll work with you to create a retirement plan that aims to address them. When we’re done, you’ll not only have a better understanding of your investments, and what you need to fund your retirement lifestyle, you’ll also be better equipped to handle any shortfalls.
- IRA, ROTH, 401(k) withdrawals and RMDs: should you wait until you have to start making withdrawals from your IRAs or is there a more tax efficient way to access those assets? KAM will model your cash flows to guide you through that process.
- Implement your plan: As you move closer to retirement, we’ll work with you to ensure the plans are implemented in a phased and orderly manner. The goal of our retirement planning approach is to make your transition to retirement as seamless and stress-free as possible.
- Support you in pension and benefit decisions: We’ll be here if you need advice on Government or Employer pension and benefits: when to apply, should you take a “lump sum” or annuitized distributions, what to do with your funds, and much more.
- Partner with you in retirement and beyond: A long and fulfilling retirement takes multiple facets of your financial picture into consideration: health care, long-term care, insurance, legacy planning, and charitable giving. Our financial professionals will be here for you when you need advice in any of these areas.
- Provide ongoing reviews: We’ll continue to review your retirement plans, and consult with you about any changes or updates needed to address your evolving retirement lifestyle needs.